Tuesday, June 26, 2012

June 20--still on board the Queen Mary 2

We've just been told to move the clocks ahead one hour and that tonight we will pass the wreck of the Titanic.  I am writing this as I say by the pool, listening to music while drinking a Bloody Mary at lunchtime on Tuesday.  I say these things not to make anyone reading this envious (although it is a very good Bloody Mary), but because all these things serve as ways to distract from or to mask the importance of the adventure we have embarked on.

I keep saying that I have to decide what I want to be when I grow up; it's sort of tongue-in-cheek, but it's true.  I like to think that I can write, but can I write well enough to make a living at it?  People have told me that I have a good photographic eye, but is it good enough?  I'll need to market myself somehow and for that I'll need the internet.  Do I really want to spend endless hours in front of a screen?

Meanwhile, it's almost time for another workshop, another attempt to put off the inevitable decisions. Tomorrow is a day to write about something else...




No comments:

Post a Comment